Votekick / votemute on retake?

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Credits
Thought it would be a decent idea if the EU retake had vote-kick and vote-mute. I think this would be ideal as it's rare to see an admin on.

Credits
People can abuse that easily, i dont think it would be that great of an idea

Sorry :(

Comment
Credits
Or having a [Trusted] tag instead of admin, but instead of giving ban permissions give them /kick or /mute? Just a suggestion.

Comment
Credits
It would just bring more problems i feel that is why we have a /call command

Comment
Credits
basically if u only have /kick /mute its kind of just like being a trial admin

Comment
Credits
but no admins ever listen to /call... that's the issue.

Comment
Credits
it should be easier for us to respond to a call since the calls now message us on steam! before the only way an admin would receive the calls is if the admin is on one of the Dmfrenzy servers

Comment
Credits
You also have to understand that school just started recently so not many people have time

Comment
Credits
it should be easier for us to respond to a call since the calls now message us on steam! before the only way an admin would receive the calls is if the admin is on one of the Dmfrenzy servers
Oh, that's so much better then, how does it message you ?_? is there a bot or something?

Comment
Credits
Yes there is a bot that messages us on steam every time someone uses /call

Comment

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
There has always been a bot that messages us but not all the admins have it added, the real problem is that we get way more reports than anyone thinks we do. If we responded to every report we would have 0 free time. I work almost full-time and go to school full-time, the little time I do get to play on the computer I don't necessarily want to spend just answering reports the entire time. When I have free time, sure I look at reports but we get so many it's hard to check each one.

None of the staff is paid, we do this because we want to, we can't spend our entire day answering every report or even probably most of them. We aren't talking about 10 or 20 reports a day, we are talking about 20 to 30 reports every hour if not more. It is overwhelming, most of us admins started by trying to answer 100% of reports, then they just become overwhelming and you can't get to them all. If I am in a comp or ESEA game I can't exactly just leave to go answer reports. It is hard for us.

That being said, we have had vote kicks and vote mutes in the past and they were abused about as bad as you'd think. You have 1 or 2 ring leaders who get everyone else to follow them and they just sort of kick who they don't like. We end up seeing more problems with that implemented than when we took it away.

Comment

ToxicFrank

I'm the bug; Not the feature
OWNER!
Credits
We just downsized admins because they just go rogue and do their own thing and stop following the rules we have. We try but it's hard to find good admins. That is why we ask for vouches when applying, we like to make sure people also see you as trustworthy. It's hard for us to talk to every person.

Comment

Untitled

OWNER!
Credits
So why isn't there more admins.. that is my point.

Captain Obvious here! lol.

Think of it for a minute here.. I have 19 servers, 5 of which are due to close within 2 weeks. We will have 14 servers then (but the reports have been for the 19!). Even if I dedicate all of our current staff for just 2 servers, people would still complain that there aren't enough admins in!!! Keeping a server clean is impossible. I don't ever expect a server to be hacker free. It wont happen, sadly. All we can do is prevent and pray. Kiddies with scripts/programs will always be around.

Everyone isn't on everyday. We all have lives, busy lives at that.

I'll be perfectly honest when saying this... I ignore pretty much all calls.. When I come on here, I ALWAYS have something to fix, ALWAYS. There's ALWAYS something that can be tweaked or changed. I'm always doing something when Steam is up. Just thinking about the calls, kinda gives me a headache/brain aneurysm.

Truth be told, I fvcking hate the call system we have. I often leave my messages down on my taskbar because it fills up so fast with calls and sh!t.

The whole call system is a fail. With as many servers as we have, I honestly don't know if we can really come up with a system that keeps everyone happy.

The way I look at it.. so long as there's calls coming in every ten minutes, I don't think anybody will be happy. Too many calls, it's so annoying having to go in and join the game to see there's no issue anyways. I started doing the reports via HLSW just so I didn't have to join the server. I found though that 3/4 were false reports. I stopped doing that fast.

Something needs to be done about it... Maybe I'll make a subforum in the report a hacker forum. Maybe I'll have all of the reports go right into that subforum, that way nobody gets the report, nobody gets annoyed... will it really be any different then now? Minus the fact that nobody will get annoyed lol.

Last edited:
Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom